Friday, June 2, 2017

Sultan Abu Bakar Museum, Pekan...

I was in Kuantan two weeks ago and decided to make a visit to Pekan the royal town of Pahang. There is a new museum, the Sultan Abu Bakar Museum there albeit an old one that had been refurbished and upgraded. Pekan been the royal town of Pahang and the oldest among the town in the state have many artifacts and memorials that of historical significant. I believe most was lying in the many small palaces or istana as usual are in a royal town and Pekan is no exception. The authority decided to place all the priceless artifacts in one building. 

An old build that is a museum piece itself have been converted and most if not all the relevant artifact has been transferred to this new museum and displayed in various room there. On my first visit, I had a glimpse of what in store there and happy that they have done a professional job in displaying the artifact, as well using computer to provides more information to visitors. Since this was my first visit there I decided to just take a general look at all that are been displayed. I must come again to get a closer look at all those priceless items been displayed. I am from the state of Pahang, being born and bred in Kuantan a town just 46 kilometers away thus I have been to this town many times before. As a Pahangnite I am indeed proud that the state authority has found in their heart to have such an important museum here, in Pekan where the history of the state itself has it beginning. The museum is setup in a sprawling space with a garden frontage, which itself is a tourist attraction. For tourists, this is indeed a worthwhile place to visit and see for oneself part of the history of the state of Pahang.  

Have a nice day.         

4 comments:

williamharaldwong said...

Dear Pak Idris,

My name is William Harald-Wong and I have been involved in the design of the renovated Muzium Sultan Abu Bakar since 2012. I have also submitted the project to the prestigious Design for Asia Award (Hong Kong) and it won a Gold and Grand Award finalist -- the first for Malaysia in the international competition's 12-year history. We were competing against Issey Miyake, Toyota, Japan's Imperial Palace restoration, Apple Computer, etc.

I would like to ask your permission to use one of your photographs (with due credit) of the old shophouses facing the Pahang river in your blog dated June 05, 2012. We would like to use it on our company website introducing Pekan and its environs as background context for the project and award.

I hope you can give us permission.
Thank you very much.

kind regards
william

Pak Idrus said...

williamharaldwong, Thanks for your visit and sharing your thoughts on the subject of this posting. As for the photo on my Blog posting of June 05, 2012 on that of the shophouses facing the Pahang River You have my permission to use it gratis. Glad that you like it. Thanks.

williamharaldwong said...

Dear Pak Idrus,

Thank you for your kind gesture. Shall I credit http://idrus89.blogspot.my?
Your blog is interesting and I hope more young people will follow it.

Thank you
william

Our website will be up again in mid-August.
whw.whwdesign.com

Pak Idrus said...

williamharaldwong, thanks. Just Pak Idrus's Blog with the URL.

Have a nice day.