Skip to main content

Driving to KLCC . ..

This morning I decide to drive to KLCC to get some items that could be got only there. I have not driven the Accord to KLCC for some  times already. The furthest I drive nowadays is to Ampang Point, a mall that is just one and half kilometres away. KLCC is ten kilometers right to the parking lots. To and fro it twenty kilometers. An easy drive from my home in Ampang Jaya using the Ahlek elevated highway. Just before ten in the morning I left the house and got there before ten. Parked my car at level three and went into the mall after going through the Covid19 ritual of unsing the MySejahtera App. There were not many people at this early hour. Straight away I walk to M & S and got a few packages of our favourite biscuits. Then went to Kinokuniya to looks for books. I left kino without getting any book and took the escalator down to the Isetan supermarket and bought two whole roasted Black pepper chicken that my spouse had suggested that I buy. I then got to my car and drove back home with a stop at a pharmacy near the Naan corner. After getting what I need got home. Well folks driving is a passion of mine since  I starts driving in the sixties. So today I felt real good driving the twenty kilometers to and fro KLCC.  The toll and the parking cost me RM10.00 for that  one hour trip.  Well folks how I wished I could drive further. At this age it not possible. In fact before I left the house this morning Asmah quip 'Gi dengan driver' (Our eldest daughter got a driver and a car if I need) I said no. She is concerned me driving alone. I am driving I told her and left. I went and back home in just an hour. Well folks life is like that  in the golden years. Above is a photo I took last evening from the front of my house  in Ampang Jaya.  

Have a nice day.


Comments

Syaz Rahim said…
Drive safely Pak Idrus, salam Maulidur Rasul. Good to know you are still capable of driving 😊
Pak Idrus said…
Syaz Eym, thanks for the visit and the kind words. Well I still could drive and in fact it energised me. But at this age I had to be careful and only drive where it is easy and the distance is short. Salam Maulidur Rasul too.

Have a nice day.
Wak Lat said…
It's AKLEH highway pak ..

just curious, berapa umo bapak idrus nih?
Pak Idrus said…
Wak Lat, From Ampang Jaya and my age this year 2021 come August would be 82. Thanks for the visit.

Popular posts from this blog

The city of Kuala Lumpur...

This is an image of the city as seen through my lens.  Taken using the mirrorless camera Fujifilm with a 230  mm lens. At 8.08 am today 9.5 2023. Enjoy it folks.

Halwa Maskat...

Sudah lama tidak merasai Halwa Maskat. Sangat sukar untuk dapat dibeli dipasaran pada masa ini. Puas dicari tetapi yang dapat tidaklah sesedap yang dibuat sendiri. Ini kerana bukan senang hendak membuatnya. Pertama hanya boleh dibuat dengan mengunakan Periok atau Belanga Tembaga. Belanga tredisi ini masih dibuat di Terengganu dan boleh dapat dibeli di Pasar Payang di Kuala Terengganu. Mengodel dan mengacawnya tampa berhenti mengambil masa tidak kurang dari tiga jam. Oleh itu hanya dengan menguna Belanga Tembaga yang tebal ini sajalah dapat menjamin juadah tredisi ini betul betul menjadi. Seminggu sudah NekNyang siapkan bahan bahan nya dan pada pagi Sabtu 7.11.20 ini bersama dengan anak dan cucu telah dapat dibuatnya. Alhamdulillah. Memang sedap. Recipe nya adalah turunmenurun dari Ayah saya yang membuat juadah ini sebagai makanan istimewa dihidang dan dijual direstaurannya di Kuantan pada setiap bulan Ramadan. Nasib baiklah isteri saya Asmah pada masa itu berumor dalam leng

The Sunrise at Teluk Cempedak...

We were in Kuantan for a short holiday. As usual I always take the time to watch the sunrise at Teluk Cempedak; a beach that I call my own. I grew up playing on that sandy beach from the age of seven years old and I felt in love with the sea. So going to that beach is a ritual that I never missed to do whenever I am in Kuantan.  Early that Saturday morning of September 3, 2016 I woke early and with my nephew driving we left for the beach at around 6.30am. According to the data I had the sun would rise at Teluk Cempedak at 7.01am that morning. When we arrived at the beach there were already others there waiting for the sun to rise. I had brought my latest camera the Canon EOS M10 with me. It is a Mirrorless camera, the new new generation of the DSLR. It is much smaller than the DSLR and have interchangeable lens. As soon as I got there I walk along the beach and enjoy the freshness of the morning air. Yonder at the horizon I could see some light as the the sun makes it