Skip to main content

Of Rita and Aida...

How should I tell this story? It is story of the happening in real live, the story of beautiful people with beautiful names and beautiful hearts. This one is a colorful story indeed. It is a story of real people in cyberspace who came to mother earth and shakes hands and completes those friendships. So how do I begin; so as not to lose my train of thoughts I am writing it here as I think. To me it is an interesting story that touches our lives as we walk the path on our journey of life. It is a story of how the Internet has changed the way we communicate and in the process makes friends with strangers’ .It a story of Blogging, of Facebook and of friendship in the ever-changing worlds of ours. It is a story of how the Internet has made our lives more interesting and colorful. Since we homo sapient is a spiritual being that communicate by other means as well, that till now we have yet to understand. We must have touches each other in that plane too, thus it explains at time why it became so easy for us to make friends even thought we have never met physically before. It is also a story of how our species interact in a way that we have yet to understand.

To me image of a person is very important in making that first contact sincere. That is why in Blogging and in Facebook the Personal profile image is very important. It is this profile image that made us to understand that stranger in cyberspace at firsthand. Without that profile image of oneself in Blog or Facebook, it became impossible for us to understand one another, thus making any progress in friendship difficult. To me those people who refused to put on their personal profile image are insincere folks and I would not entertain their call to be my friend. Sincerity; that is how these friendships made in cyberspace develops over times. Asmah and I are in our golden age whereas Rita and Aida are still much younger to both of us, sort of from our children's generations. Let me begin this way. It was through Blogging that I got to know Rita Ho. Some years ago Rita would leave comments on my Blog posting and eventually we would e-mail each other to communicate on other subjects. I soon found that she is a Malaysian married to an American and live in Seattle, WA.

In the summer of 2008 Asmah and I went to Boston to attend the Commencement of our youngest daughter at Harvard University and then went holidaying to the other parts of US. Since we have not been to Seattle before which is out-of-the-way whenever we get to the US, we decided to make our first visit to this famous city in the Pacific Northwest of the US. I had also come into contact with another blogger Louis so I decided to kill two birds with a stone; visit Seattle and at the same time get to meet the blogger that I had only met in cyberspace. While staying in Seattle we not only met both of them and their spouses but taken for dinners as well. Louis and Elena even took their time to takes us around to touring Seattle. Folks that is how I met Rita Ho and her spouse David Gonsalves. We leave Seattle with a promise to meet again. So where does Aida Marie comes into the picture. She did not blog but follow my blog from time to time but did not leave any trace of her visits. And then she appears on Facebook and we got connected. It was in FB that she told me that she follows my blog and then read a piece I wrote about meeting Rita Ho while on holiday in Seattle. They had been close friends during their hay-days working in KL. She eventually contact Rita and voila! They got connected again after they had parted many years ago. It is quite normal to find friends parted living no trace and because of their past bonding they would eventually get connected again. I am indeed glad that she got connected back with her friend because of that piece of my posting. Indeed cyberspace especially blogsphere had made that possible.

Then Rita and David decided to return to Malaysia for a holiday and with that I thought that it would be great if these two friends could meet again in the real world. I had invited Rita and David to tea or dinner at our house whenever they could find the time. With that I thought that it would be wonderful if Aida could also come for that get-together. So I contact Aida and told her that it would be nice if she could come over and to bring her little princess too. I have not met Aida in person, so the get-together would be give Asmah and I to meet Aida as well. Thus when Rita confirmed her coming over to our house for lunch, I invited Aida too. So on January 6, 2011 at the lunch we got to meet Aida for the first time and Rita again [David was not around for he has gone home early]. It was the hugging at our front door of two old friends Rita and Aida that renewed their contact that they had lost for the last 10 years. It was indeed a happy reunion of friends; a beautiful happening indeed that happens at our home. After the initial introduction and getting to know everyone sat down to chats and then without much ado we went to the dining area and enjoy the lunch that Asmah had prepared. Over lunch we chat and yarn of things that just come to our minds, interjected with laughter and smile, perhaps both Rita and Aida remembers their hays day while at works or play in KL during their younger days. Asmah and I from time to time did put some input of the days when we were at their age enjoying life in the vibrant city of KL. Their stories sound familiar since both Asmah and I had been on that path before enjoying life as was the culture then.

Have a nice day. [click on image to enlarge]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The city of Kuala Lumpur...

This is an image of the city as seen through my lens.  Taken using the mirrorless camera Fujifilm with a 230  mm lens. At 8.08 am today 9.5 2023. Enjoy it folks.

Halwa Maskat...

Sudah lama tidak merasai Halwa Maskat. Sangat sukar untuk dapat dibeli dipasaran pada masa ini. Puas dicari tetapi yang dapat tidaklah sesedap yang dibuat sendiri. Ini kerana bukan senang hendak membuatnya. Pertama hanya boleh dibuat dengan mengunakan Periok atau Belanga Tembaga. Belanga tredisi ini masih dibuat di Terengganu dan boleh dapat dibeli di Pasar Payang di Kuala Terengganu. Mengodel dan mengacawnya tampa berhenti mengambil masa tidak kurang dari tiga jam. Oleh itu hanya dengan menguna Belanga Tembaga yang tebal ini sajalah dapat menjamin juadah tredisi ini betul betul menjadi. Seminggu sudah NekNyang siapkan bahan bahan nya dan pada pagi Sabtu 7.11.20 ini bersama dengan anak dan cucu telah dapat dibuatnya. Alhamdulillah. Memang sedap. Recipe nya adalah turunmenurun dari Ayah saya yang membuat juadah ini sebagai makanan istimewa dihidang dan dijual direstaurannya di Kuantan pada setiap bulan Ramadan. Nasib baiklah isteri saya Asmah pada masa itu berumor dalam leng

The Sunrise at Teluk Cempedak...

We were in Kuantan for a short holiday. As usual I always take the time to watch the sunrise at Teluk Cempedak; a beach that I call my own. I grew up playing on that sandy beach from the age of seven years old and I felt in love with the sea. So going to that beach is a ritual that I never missed to do whenever I am in Kuantan.  Early that Saturday morning of September 3, 2016 I woke early and with my nephew driving we left for the beach at around 6.30am. According to the data I had the sun would rise at Teluk Cempedak at 7.01am that morning. When we arrived at the beach there were already others there waiting for the sun to rise. I had brought my latest camera the Canon EOS M10 with me. It is a Mirrorless camera, the new new generation of the DSLR. It is much smaller than the DSLR and have interchangeable lens. As soon as I got there I walk along the beach and enjoy the freshness of the morning air. Yonder at the horizon I could see some light as the the sun makes it