Skip to main content

Hot Air Balloon Festa 2016 Putrajaya...

It was a beautiful Sunday  on March 13, 2016. Our daughter Lin had planned to take us to see the Hot Air Balloon festival at Putrajaya, an annual event which have been  going on for many years there.  This year it just started. So early  in the morning at around 7.30am we left the house with her driving the Honda Accord heading to the festival site in Putrajaya, the national capital. My spouse took the front seat while I sat at the  back seat of the Honda Accord like most bosses does. It was nice to be able to just sit there and enjoy the ride. This is the first time I did not drive to Putrajaya. After driving for about half an hour we arrived at Precinct 2 where the Hot Air Balloon festival is held. The whole area was already crowded with folks who had arrived as early as six in the morning, to be there to get closer to the balloons or enjoy a short experience on the balloon. The whole festival site was a colorful festive scene indeed. The above picture I took with my Huawei cellphone camera shows the balloon just rising with the morning Sun shining behind it.  A majestic sight indeed.



As usual in a time and place like this cars were parked everywhere and been a bit late we had difficulty of finding a spot to park our car. After trying at many places we managed to squeeze the Honda at an empty space between two cars and  parked it there. We then went to look  at the place where the  balloons are  been  raised into the open sky. It was early morning  and the sun was just rising. A beautiful and brilliant morning indeed.  It was rather difficult to watch the balloon from where  we were standing facing the sun. Anyway I managed to get some good shots of the balloon in  action at the ground level as well that had flown and floats high above us.

I  walk around the vicinity of where we parked our car and chanced seeing a young couple with their family enjoying their breakfast. Since the setting is a good subject for a photography as well for blogging I went closer and ask them whether I could  take a snap of them. They say it alright and we soon became friends. On  the left is the photo I took of them. Looking at that image brought back  memory of the days when  we were young like them with kids of that ages. I then posted that image on Facebook. After chatting with them for a while I move on to join my spouse and  our daughter at the car.

We then decides to go to the Alamanda Mall nearby and look for something  to eat. After parking the car at the basement we went to look for the Food court and because it still early the food court was just getting warm-up. We got  a table  and order some light breakfast and sat to enjoy it. Soon all the shops at the mall opens for business. After finishing our breakfast we decided to go shopping at the mall. It was nice to be there after of an absence of more than one years. Soon the mall were throng with folks who like us move here after watching the Hot Air Balloons. We did some shopping and  end the day by indulging ourselves with one of the most expensive Ice Cream there. Well folks we did enjoy this Sunday adventure in Putrajaya.

Have a nice day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The city of Kuala Lumpur...

This is an image of the city as seen through my lens.  Taken using the mirrorless camera Fujifilm with a 230  mm lens. At 8.08 am today 9.5 2023. Enjoy it folks.

Halwa Maskat...

Sudah lama tidak merasai Halwa Maskat. Sangat sukar untuk dapat dibeli dipasaran pada masa ini. Puas dicari tetapi yang dapat tidaklah sesedap yang dibuat sendiri. Ini kerana bukan senang hendak membuatnya. Pertama hanya boleh dibuat dengan mengunakan Periok atau Belanga Tembaga. Belanga tredisi ini masih dibuat di Terengganu dan boleh dapat dibeli di Pasar Payang di Kuala Terengganu. Mengodel dan mengacawnya tampa berhenti mengambil masa tidak kurang dari tiga jam. Oleh itu hanya dengan menguna Belanga Tembaga yang tebal ini sajalah dapat menjamin juadah tredisi ini betul betul menjadi. Seminggu sudah NekNyang siapkan bahan bahan nya dan pada pagi Sabtu 7.11.20 ini bersama dengan anak dan cucu telah dapat dibuatnya. Alhamdulillah. Memang sedap. Recipe nya adalah turunmenurun dari Ayah saya yang membuat juadah ini sebagai makanan istimewa dihidang dan dijual direstaurannya di Kuantan pada setiap bulan Ramadan. Nasib baiklah isteri saya Asmah pada masa itu berumor dalam leng

The Sunrise at Teluk Cempedak...

We were in Kuantan for a short holiday. As usual I always take the time to watch the sunrise at Teluk Cempedak; a beach that I call my own. I grew up playing on that sandy beach from the age of seven years old and I felt in love with the sea. So going to that beach is a ritual that I never missed to do whenever I am in Kuantan.  Early that Saturday morning of September 3, 2016 I woke early and with my nephew driving we left for the beach at around 6.30am. According to the data I had the sun would rise at Teluk Cempedak at 7.01am that morning. When we arrived at the beach there were already others there waiting for the sun to rise. I had brought my latest camera the Canon EOS M10 with me. It is a Mirrorless camera, the new new generation of the DSLR. It is much smaller than the DSLR and have interchangeable lens. As soon as I got there I walk along the beach and enjoy the freshness of the morning air. Yonder at the horizon I could see some light as the the sun makes it