Skip to main content

Cellphone Photography...



Woke up to a beautiful Sunday. It is the last Sunday of June 2020. I thought that for now I would just talk about photography. I got my first camera in 1971 when working in Malacca. It was a Canon that use film. So most of the pictures that I took by myself starts from that year. Before that all the photos that are in my collection was taken by friends or professional photographer or at the Studio. So that is how I got to liking for photography. When I retired some thirty years ago and with some extra money I bought the first digital camera and then progress to the DSLR. With the Digital photography taking photos went up to another level when there was no need to process the film and only then one could get to see the photos. With digital photography one could see the result in mere instance. After a few years I upgrade to the Mirrorless camera which is lighter and less bulky compare to the DSLR and the photos are as good and in fact better. As the years goes on the Smartphone arrives with the camera thus taking picture was made easier. Above are pictures that I took using the Samsung Smartphone and I am indeed happy with the result. Well folks that is the way photography has progress these far.and I am enjoying the hobby of mine. 

Have a nice day.

Comments

Mr Bojangles said…
Sir, you said you retired 40 years ago. Nice to retire at an early age!!
Pak Idrus said…
Mr Bojangles, Thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts on this posting. Sorry about that, actually i retired at 50 [optional retirement with full pension] in 1990 so it 30 years and not 40 years.Thank for pointed it out. Got it corrected. BTW I am now 80 years old [born in August 1939]. Orang tua lupa lah!

Have a nice day.

Popular posts from this blog

The city of Kuala Lumpur...

This is an image of the city as seen through my lens.  Taken using the mirrorless camera Fujifilm with a 230  mm lens. At 8.08 am today 9.5 2023. Enjoy it folks.

Halwa Maskat...

Sudah lama tidak merasai Halwa Maskat. Sangat sukar untuk dapat dibeli dipasaran pada masa ini. Puas dicari tetapi yang dapat tidaklah sesedap yang dibuat sendiri. Ini kerana bukan senang hendak membuatnya. Pertama hanya boleh dibuat dengan mengunakan Periok atau Belanga Tembaga. Belanga tredisi ini masih dibuat di Terengganu dan boleh dapat dibeli di Pasar Payang di Kuala Terengganu. Mengodel dan mengacawnya tampa berhenti mengambil masa tidak kurang dari tiga jam. Oleh itu hanya dengan menguna Belanga Tembaga yang tebal ini sajalah dapat menjamin juadah tredisi ini betul betul menjadi. Seminggu sudah NekNyang siapkan bahan bahan nya dan pada pagi Sabtu 7.11.20 ini bersama dengan anak dan cucu telah dapat dibuatnya. Alhamdulillah. Memang sedap. Recipe nya adalah turunmenurun dari Ayah saya yang membuat juadah ini sebagai makanan istimewa dihidang dan dijual direstaurannya di Kuantan pada setiap bulan Ramadan. Nasib baiklah isteri saya Asmah pada masa itu berumor dalam leng

The Sunrise at Teluk Cempedak...

We were in Kuantan for a short holiday. As usual I always take the time to watch the sunrise at Teluk Cempedak; a beach that I call my own. I grew up playing on that sandy beach from the age of seven years old and I felt in love with the sea. So going to that beach is a ritual that I never missed to do whenever I am in Kuantan.  Early that Saturday morning of September 3, 2016 I woke early and with my nephew driving we left for the beach at around 6.30am. According to the data I had the sun would rise at Teluk Cempedak at 7.01am that morning. When we arrived at the beach there were already others there waiting for the sun to rise. I had brought my latest camera the Canon EOS M10 with me. It is a Mirrorless camera, the new new generation of the DSLR. It is much smaller than the DSLR and have interchangeable lens. As soon as I got there I walk along the beach and enjoy the freshness of the morning air. Yonder at the horizon I could see some light as the the sun makes it