Skip to main content

Whiling the times..

The Serambi is my favourite place in the house. It is here that I spend most of my times in the morning and afternoon and at time till late evening. On one corner I now have an old radio playing old and traditional music and songs all the times, for I love to listen to music and song when whiling the time reading or just surfing the Net. Most of the time the Serambi is a  nice place to sit with just the fan to give the place a pleasant environment to while the time in the tropical weather. Kenet my cat is always around to accompany me, at time sitting on my lap and at time on the Kopitiam table nearby. It really nice. I do most of my reading here and enjoy virtualising 'travelling along' as narrated in the story. It takes me everywhere while been to nowhere. That folks is what reading is all about. Interesting eh!. I always sit on the IKEA'S chair that I bought years ago. It really comfortable. Whenever I am not there my cat Kenet would take over to sleep. At time even the Ally cats love to sleep on it. At this age I get great pleasure in reading and I read every genre. I do not sticking to reading one book a time but may read several books. Doing that devoid me of been bored but always finish reading a book anyway. I am now into reading history of the country as well any book written by the British officials who was here during the colonial period. These people had kept journal of the happening during during their tentures while in the government services. The one I am reading now, a title The real Malay is an informative and interesting book indeed.  An insight of the culture of the Malay at that time. Ada juga cerita pasal Orang Bunyian dan lain lain kepecayaan dalam budaya Melayu ...!

Have a nice day.

 

Comments

Syazni Rahim said…
look like a very interesting book, attracted to the bunian already ni, want to buy one lah :)
Pak Idrus said…
Syaz Rahim, thanks for the visit. My generation believed in the supernatural and orang halus is one of the many that help the Malay to move in life before the coming of western influence. It a good book, the writer have written from his own experiences. I have been reading since the age of 18 and now still reading at 81 ha ha. It is a priceless book to have in the library.

Have a nice day.
Pak Idrus said…
Thanks for the return visit. am 81 sihat orang tua lah. I believe that our brain need nutrition too, reading and writing are the way to provides that nutritions. Anyway I am enjoying it.

Have a nice day.

Popular posts from this blog

The city of Kuala Lumpur...

This is an image of the city as seen through my lens.  Taken using the mirrorless camera Fujifilm with a 230  mm lens. At 8.08 am today 9.5 2023. Enjoy it folks.

Halwa Maskat...

Sudah lama tidak merasai Halwa Maskat. Sangat sukar untuk dapat dibeli dipasaran pada masa ini. Puas dicari tetapi yang dapat tidaklah sesedap yang dibuat sendiri. Ini kerana bukan senang hendak membuatnya. Pertama hanya boleh dibuat dengan mengunakan Periok atau Belanga Tembaga. Belanga tredisi ini masih dibuat di Terengganu dan boleh dapat dibeli di Pasar Payang di Kuala Terengganu. Mengodel dan mengacawnya tampa berhenti mengambil masa tidak kurang dari tiga jam. Oleh itu hanya dengan menguna Belanga Tembaga yang tebal ini sajalah dapat menjamin juadah tredisi ini betul betul menjadi. Seminggu sudah NekNyang siapkan bahan bahan nya dan pada pagi Sabtu 7.11.20 ini bersama dengan anak dan cucu telah dapat dibuatnya. Alhamdulillah. Memang sedap. Recipe nya adalah turunmenurun dari Ayah saya yang membuat juadah ini sebagai makanan istimewa dihidang dan dijual direstaurannya di Kuantan pada setiap bulan Ramadan. Nasib baiklah isteri saya Asmah pada masa itu berumor dalam leng

The Sunrise at Teluk Cempedak...

We were in Kuantan for a short holiday. As usual I always take the time to watch the sunrise at Teluk Cempedak; a beach that I call my own. I grew up playing on that sandy beach from the age of seven years old and I felt in love with the sea. So going to that beach is a ritual that I never missed to do whenever I am in Kuantan.  Early that Saturday morning of September 3, 2016 I woke early and with my nephew driving we left for the beach at around 6.30am. According to the data I had the sun would rise at Teluk Cempedak at 7.01am that morning. When we arrived at the beach there were already others there waiting for the sun to rise. I had brought my latest camera the Canon EOS M10 with me. It is a Mirrorless camera, the new new generation of the DSLR. It is much smaller than the DSLR and have interchangeable lens. As soon as I got there I walk along the beach and enjoy the freshness of the morning air. Yonder at the horizon I could see some light as the the sun makes it