Skip to main content

Snippet from Facebook #2...

 1-It almost 7pm, both Tam and Kenet are enjoying their dinner. I had a early dinner and now continue reading at the Serambi. On a small table near me is a cup of black Coffee. As usual at this time of the day many cars passes by in front of the house, folks getting home after a hard day works. It getting dark and soon it would be the Magrib prayer and then the beginning of the day in the Islamic culture. For in Islam the day starts after the sun set and not when the sun rise as in the western culture. The last prayer of the five prayers in a day in the Asar prayer and not the Insyak prayer as some folks would think. Well I am stopping now for the Magrib prayer..

2 -It hot and humid at the Serambi. I could see the sky with think clouds so we can expect rain in late afternoon. It would be nice if it rain. I love the rain and would welcome every drops of the sky juice. This morning l wanted to renew my road tax. First went to Ambank to extend my car insurance for another year but the insurance counter was closed, I am told the staff mending the store did not come to work. So cannot renew my road tax that expired on Feb 27. Well got to do it tomorrow before l forget to get a new road tax. After getting some grocery at Giant there head for home. Had a sumptuous lunch of rice with Udang Galah masak lemak, a favourite of mine. Then move to the Serambi with a cup of black Coffee ....

3- The clock say it 4.57pm but it already getting dark. Just an hour ago it rain, pouring rains and that kept the temperature down. The sky is grey with no cloud and that made the environment sort of unhappy. It felt lousy. Nothing could be done about it but to make the best of the situation. So I sat at the Serambi and continue reading....

4- It 6pm on a Saturday evening. Election again! Well that is democracy. At this age I don't really care which candidate win. What is important He or She is sincere and honest. I don't care if their academic qualifications is Sekolah Atap. Honesty is very important if you want to provides quality leadership. Best of luck

5- It Friday again, it has been pushed fast forward and now it past 5pm. I had been sitting at the Serambi reading a new book and got lost of times. Then the neighbour's maid came with a container of just fried Curry Puff. I thanks her and took the container into the house stopping to inform my spouse of the gift from the Datin, our backdoor neighbour. It the neighbourhood culture and it does made life beautiful ...

6- This is about Pokok Pisang. A few years ago my next door Chinese neighbour cut down a Banana plant that was growing well in front of his house. I was told Chinese believe there are evil spirit living in the Pokok. And just now I found a Pokok Pisang that I planted on the roadside near my house and growing well had been cut down too. It also somewhat in front of a Chinese house. Weird indeed still believe in superstition. BTW the Malay always plant a few Pokok Pisang near the house and no problem at all and that is why I planted it, now chop down. Hope my Chinese friends can give some input on this.

7- We just crossed a bridge and safely got to the other side. Now on the other side we found a new environments, some we did not expected and others are more challenging. Change is interesting but never easy. We got to be patient to see the result of our adventure in crossing that bridge. Have a nice day folks...

8- It 6.32pm on a hot and humid day of February 12 , 2019. Oh! what a book. It so different than the thousands of books that I have read. It took a long time to finish reading this 447 pages novel. It because at time it frightening to continue and at time I have to look and understand a new word such as tesser that I saw for the first time. It mystical and question like What is reality and What is superstition pop up in my mind. The author did well indeed presenting her thoughts in this amazing book...

9- Last Sunday while having lunch with my spouse at KLCC I received a call. I look at my cellphone and my friend name appears but the caller was a woman. In that instance I knew! The caller say she is my friend's wife. She told me that her husband Harris passed away two days ago. She thanks me for been her husband friend. I say my condolence and said I tried to call him a few days ago but to no avail. I knew the late friend was sufferings from cancer. Alhamdulillah he has left without further sufferings. Folks that is life; we arrived and when the time come we leave.

Have a nice day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The city of Kuala Lumpur...

This is an image of the city as seen through my lens.  Taken using the mirrorless camera Fujifilm with a 230  mm lens. At 8.08 am today 9.5 2023. Enjoy it folks.

Halwa Maskat...

Sudah lama tidak merasai Halwa Maskat. Sangat sukar untuk dapat dibeli dipasaran pada masa ini. Puas dicari tetapi yang dapat tidaklah sesedap yang dibuat sendiri. Ini kerana bukan senang hendak membuatnya. Pertama hanya boleh dibuat dengan mengunakan Periok atau Belanga Tembaga. Belanga tredisi ini masih dibuat di Terengganu dan boleh dapat dibeli di Pasar Payang di Kuala Terengganu. Mengodel dan mengacawnya tampa berhenti mengambil masa tidak kurang dari tiga jam. Oleh itu hanya dengan menguna Belanga Tembaga yang tebal ini sajalah dapat menjamin juadah tredisi ini betul betul menjadi. Seminggu sudah NekNyang siapkan bahan bahan nya dan pada pagi Sabtu 7.11.20 ini bersama dengan anak dan cucu telah dapat dibuatnya. Alhamdulillah. Memang sedap. Recipe nya adalah turunmenurun dari Ayah saya yang membuat juadah ini sebagai makanan istimewa dihidang dan dijual direstaurannya di Kuantan pada setiap bulan Ramadan. Nasib baiklah isteri saya Asmah pada masa itu berumor dalam leng

The Sunrise at Teluk Cempedak...

We were in Kuantan for a short holiday. As usual I always take the time to watch the sunrise at Teluk Cempedak; a beach that I call my own. I grew up playing on that sandy beach from the age of seven years old and I felt in love with the sea. So going to that beach is a ritual that I never missed to do whenever I am in Kuantan.  Early that Saturday morning of September 3, 2016 I woke early and with my nephew driving we left for the beach at around 6.30am. According to the data I had the sun would rise at Teluk Cempedak at 7.01am that morning. When we arrived at the beach there were already others there waiting for the sun to rise. I had brought my latest camera the Canon EOS M10 with me. It is a Mirrorless camera, the new new generation of the DSLR. It is much smaller than the DSLR and have interchangeable lens. As soon as I got there I walk along the beach and enjoy the freshness of the morning air. Yonder at the horizon I could see some light as the the sun makes it