Skip to main content

Of Dinning...

We are in the golden years and enjoying it. At this age what better things to do than to continue to enjoy life as we move on. Among other things we would go for fine dine from time. To me eating and fine dine are two different things. Eating is just when you are hungry and it could be done anywhere. As long as one is no longer hungry it considered done. It about filling your stomach and nothing else. But in fine dine it a different story altogether. One go for fine dine to enjoy the time more than the food. It about a complete enjoyment of space, time, the ambiance, the company, the service and of course the food. It not about the cost which in most case cost more to eat the same thing in a Fine Dine restaurant than in a Food Court or at a roadside stall. It about a total enjoyment and that is why I would be happy to pay more for the same food in a fine dine restaurant. It a way of pampering ourselves and enjoying every minutes of it. 

Let me share my experience of what happened just a few days ago [July 22, 2015] at an up-class restaurant in a shopping mall nearby. After having a great time at Ikea we decided not to have lunch there but instead proceed to a mall in the city and enjoy our lunch. Our eldest granddaughter was with us. After parking the car we went to the concourse since I wanted to go to the bank first. My spouse quip that why not try the new restaurant and me without thinking much agreed. I told them to proceed to that restaurant while I go to the bank. After got my business done at the bank I proceed to the restaurant and found that my spouse and our granddaughter are already sitting in the restaurant and looking at the menu. Since this is the first time there it takes sometime before we got grasp of the concept of eating there. To makes thing easy I left to my spouse and our granddaughter to select the dishes and make the order. And then we wait for the order to arrive. After sometime while we were chatting a Waiter came and told me that the Vegetable dish that we ordered is not available. It does surprise me since there are only three dishes of Vegetable side dish in the menu. So without much thought we order a replacement which is on the menu and wait. Then a while later another Waiter came and told us that the one we had just order is not available too. That actually upset me. How come such a posh place like this restaurant at such an early hours was short of supply to prepare what is already in the menu. It does spoils our day of having a good time at this restaurant. At this moment in time the whole idea of us having a good time is damaged and we find there are no point to continue to have lunch there. 

We told the waiter to cancel our order and we walked of disappointed. How come such a posh place like this is so bad in their management and public relation I am just wondering? Where was the manager who should be there to explain to us instead of just asking the Waiter to do the job? Obviously this is a public relation disaster. We are the customer and as the saying goes the customer is always right! Or has the concept changed; I am wondering as well. We then went to another restaurant and had a wonderful time there enjoying our lunch in a beautiful ambiance without any hitch. Image on the left above is one of the dish we had at the restaurant; it taste as great as it look.


Well folks a good brand is not necessary good unless it is managed professionally. This is Kuala Lumpur and the culture is different here than in the other cities in other countries. So it is best for everyone sake that one appreciate the culture of the country in dealing with their customers. In this case it not just about eating and the cost, it about having a good time over lunch. 

Have a nice day anyway.

Comments

Unknown said…
Eating out creates many good memories of good ambience and new tastes. Alas many disservice is committed by less than motivated staff which leads to inexhaustible topics of disgruntled nerves.
We almost gave up going to a wonderful restaurant serving western and chinese halal food. The chef has got to have the magical Midas touch for bring exquisite taste to normal dishes (Stir fry kailan?) because in my heart, this has got to be the best in Malaysia! Same goes for the Western dishes!

The downside is a certain staff who must either be having bad days on end or dislike her work. When asking her what a certain menu is all about because I do not consume crustaceans, monosodiumm glutamate (msg / ajinomoto), her reply would be she doesn't know (and left it at that!) or she queried us back " You don't know meh?!" Well, surely if you don't know what ingredients are used for the dish or what the dish is about, would you order that? I actually asked her and she just kept mum without offering to ask some staff who knows.

That was a spoiler!

Popular posts from this blog

The city of Kuala Lumpur...

This is an image of the city as seen through my lens.  Taken using the mirrorless camera Fujifilm with a 230  mm lens. At 8.08 am today 9.5 2023. Enjoy it folks.

Halwa Maskat...

Sudah lama tidak merasai Halwa Maskat. Sangat sukar untuk dapat dibeli dipasaran pada masa ini. Puas dicari tetapi yang dapat tidaklah sesedap yang dibuat sendiri. Ini kerana bukan senang hendak membuatnya. Pertama hanya boleh dibuat dengan mengunakan Periok atau Belanga Tembaga. Belanga tredisi ini masih dibuat di Terengganu dan boleh dapat dibeli di Pasar Payang di Kuala Terengganu. Mengodel dan mengacawnya tampa berhenti mengambil masa tidak kurang dari tiga jam. Oleh itu hanya dengan menguna Belanga Tembaga yang tebal ini sajalah dapat menjamin juadah tredisi ini betul betul menjadi. Seminggu sudah NekNyang siapkan bahan bahan nya dan pada pagi Sabtu 7.11.20 ini bersama dengan anak dan cucu telah dapat dibuatnya. Alhamdulillah. Memang sedap. Recipe nya adalah turunmenurun dari Ayah saya yang membuat juadah ini sebagai makanan istimewa dihidang dan dijual direstaurannya di Kuantan pada setiap bulan Ramadan. Nasib baiklah isteri saya Asmah pada masa itu berumor dalam leng

The Sunrise at Teluk Cempedak...

We were in Kuantan for a short holiday. As usual I always take the time to watch the sunrise at Teluk Cempedak; a beach that I call my own. I grew up playing on that sandy beach from the age of seven years old and I felt in love with the sea. So going to that beach is a ritual that I never missed to do whenever I am in Kuantan.  Early that Saturday morning of September 3, 2016 I woke early and with my nephew driving we left for the beach at around 6.30am. According to the data I had the sun would rise at Teluk Cempedak at 7.01am that morning. When we arrived at the beach there were already others there waiting for the sun to rise. I had brought my latest camera the Canon EOS M10 with me. It is a Mirrorless camera, the new new generation of the DSLR. It is much smaller than the DSLR and have interchangeable lens. As soon as I got there I walk along the beach and enjoy the freshness of the morning air. Yonder at the horizon I could see some light as the the sun makes it